In connection with the implementation of the new economic policy, a sharp improvement in the financial situation of citizens of Ukraine is expected. Thereby:
- the standard of living of children, who lives with their parents will increase significantly;
- the number of children entering the boarding school system will sharply decrease;
- significantly increases the number of adoptions of orphans by citizens of Ukraine.
Active growth of the Ukrainian economy will increase the popularity of Ukraine in the world, which will lead, among other things, to an increase in the number of adoptions of orphans by foreign citizens.
Besides. The outdated system of keeping children in boarding schools today is extremely valuable and able to meet the needs of children. Therefore, in the system of state guardianship of orphans and children whose parents are deprived of parental care, it is proposed to switch from institutional placement to a system for providing services for children and families - adoption, transition to family forms of education, reunion with parents.
Key features of the service delivery system for children and families:
- Specialized state bodies carry out targeted, proactive activities to ensure the rapid adoption of children and their reunification with their families. The adoption process is greatly simplified. The main task of the state should not consist in the long-term maintenance of children, but in providing each child with a happy childhood in a wealthy and loving family.
- Any child can be adopted by both citizens of Ukraine and citizens of other countries who, in accordance with the law, are not included in the list of countries where the export of children is prohibited.
- The need and timing for monitoring the living conditions of adopted children is established by the court. Court-appointed supervision:
- in Ukraine - by persons who are appointed by local authorities, with the involvement of public organizations;
- in other countries - by employees of embassies and consulates through local guardianship organizations and other equivalent organizations.
- Children adopted by foreigners have a lifetime unconditional right to obtain Ukrainian citizenship.
- For temporary residence and upbringing of minor children under state care (until their adoption), state institutions of temporary guardianship are organized in the form of family-type homes. Such institutions look like couples with their own housing in the form of an apartment or a house, where it is possible to provide each child with their own separate room. The number of children simultaneously living in the same institution of temporary guardianship should not exceed 5 people. Including own children, if such a couple have them. This couple has the same rights and obligations towards children who are brought up in their family-type orphanage, as if they are foster parents for these children. Except that they, unlike foster parents:
- receive state funding to provide children who are temporarily supported (clothes, shoes, food, medicine, small expenses) and a salary for their work in caring for and raising their children;
- bring up a child only until his adoption by other people or until his majority;
- have the opportunity to adopt a child who is in their temporary care, but at the same time stop receiving funding for its maintenance.
- Children living in temporary care institutions should attend regular (public or private) general education schools and attend regular (public or private) pre-school institutions. Moreover, the education of orphans is funded on the same basis for all children of Ukraine. On the principle of “money go after children».
- Funding for raising children in temporary care institutions (funding for temporary care institutions) comes from the local budget. Attraction of additional financing and other material and non-material assistance from individuals, public and commercial organizations is encouraged.
- Temporary guardianship institutions operate under the supervision of local governments and public organizations.